About the Summit
is “Chief Empowerista” at Million Dollar Women, the founder of the MDW Summit, author of Million Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go Big and host of the Million Dollar Mind podcast. Pimsleur’s passion for helping women entrepreneurs scale up grew out of her own experience as the founder and CEO of Little Pim, language teaching for young children, one of the few women-led venture capital backed companies in the United States. Pimsleur has raised over $26M in Angel, Venture and philanthropic dollars and speaks and blogs frequently about entrepreneurship, fundraising, and how more women can “go big.”
Julia Pimsleur is the daughter of language teaching pioneer Dr. Paul Pimsleur and she has always had a love of teaching and combining creativity with business. In her first career, she was an award-winning documentary filmmaker. Pimsleur is a trained NLP Master Practitioner mindset coach, associate professor at Parsons/The New School and divorced mother of two. When Pimsleur is not speaking, teaching or coaching, she can be found kicking a soccer ball in Central Park with her boys or off on a scuba diving adventure. She lives in Manhattan, speaks French and Italian and believes 50 is the new 30.
- 300 high growth entrepreneurs
- mentorship with successful founders
- Interactive workshops with top industry leaders (marketing, fundraising, scaling up, etc.)
- Keynote speakers Loren Brill of Sweet Loren’s, Wendy Lieber of ContentBacon & Carline Beaubrun of Events by Carline
- Pitch competition with cash & in kind prizes